Alright, here are a couple of interesting things with this gig. This is maritime security stuff, and you will be posted on a boat. Plus you need to be familiar with an old school M-60, along with all the basic stuff. This would be a choice gig guys. Also, I have heard that Chenega has partnered with Blackwater. As for the wage, that sounds good and all, but Hawaii and Alaska are super expensive anyway to live at. It is still good though at $ 42.56 per hour for CONUS work! -Head Jundi
Edit: 2/23/2017 Chenega no longer has this contract and I believe AQuate Corporation holds it. Although it looks like they are not recruiting at this time. Definitely give them a call if you want to find out more about it.
SBX-1 Security Force Officer – Gold Team (CSPS)
Company: Chenega Corporation
Location: HONOLULU, HI 96801
Status: Full Time,
Employee Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Security/Protective Services Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Chenega Security & Protection Services, LLC
Job Title: Security Force Officer
Contract: Missile Defense Agency Sea Based X-Band Radar (SBX-1)
Reports To: Shift Security Lead
FLSA Status SCA Full-time Non-Exempt (Rotational)
Work Location: Sea Based X-Band Radar (SBX-1) vessel and Adak, AK (including Kuluk Bay) and other locations as required
The Security Force Officer provides security services for Missile Defense Agency (MDA) in support of government security requirements for the SBX-1 radar platform, and on-shore in Adak, AK, in support of PSB cargo handling and transfer operations and patrol boat operations when the vessel is moored in Kuluk Bay at Adak, AK. The Security Force Officer will be capable of, and are authorized to, respond to Force Protection Conditions (FPCON) and Maritime Security (MARSEC) measures in accordance with the Statement of Work up to and including deadly force.
$42.56 per hour
$3.16 per hour for Health & Welfare (up to 40 hours per week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Will arrive at work prior to guard mount, in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment. • Will be armed with a pistol and an automatic weapon and will be required to exercise force up to and including deadly force. • Will draw assigned weapon. • Will participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions. • Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned. • Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to general and special orders. • Required to interact with public, contractor, and military personnel. • Required to operate effectively in a foreign nation environment, sensitive to cultural differences. • Will provide access control, and conduct walking and motorized security guard functions. • Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned. • Will follow applicable standard operating procedures and applicable regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, government property and equipment. • Will not remove firearms from vessel, required to turn in after shift. • Successfully complete all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site. Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner. • May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays. • Other duties may be assigned. •
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
• Be certified and qualified in the use and handling of a 9mm handgun, 12 gauge shotgun, AR-15 assault rifles, deck-mounted / hand held M60 machine guns and deck-mounted 50 caliber machine guns, Baton / ASP, and Pepper Spray.
• Minimum 2 years experience with a civilian police force, military police force or civilian security guard organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• U. S. citizen
• Valid driver’s license
• U.S. Passport
• Must speak, read, write, and understand English.
• Honorably discharged/retired from the military
• Must be able to meet any Federal and State requirements to work as an Armed Security Guard.
• Must meet DoD security clearance requirement for this contract.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason
Written Communication – Writes clearly and effectively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information and recommend changes. Draft and review executive level correspondence and briefings as needed.
Planning/Organizing – The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. The individual will be adaptable and rapidly be able to assimilate new information and learn new programming languages.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; continual attention to detail, establishes priorities and meets deadlines. Adapt strategy to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands and rapidly be able to assimilate new information.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Strong communication skills in English – written and verbal
• Experience working with Microsoft computer applications
• Strong analytical skills
• Organizing and coordinating skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, reports and information
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions on sensitive issues
• General knowledge of investigative skills
• Presentation skills
Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid, logical conclusions, then make recommendations and suggest changes based on such reasoning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee if frequently required to stand; walk, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee may occasionally sit for prolonged periods of time at a desk, or table. The employee may stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may be required to climb steps and ladders while on board the vessel.
Must be able to occasionally travel by designated transportation i.e. aircraft, vehicle, mass transit system.
Must pass physical agility test as prescribed by the government and be able to pass a maritime physical examination.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may occasionally work in a temperature-controlled office environment.
The employee will regularly stand duty at a gate control guard station. The employee will regularly be exposed to extreme heat or cold weather conditions, and unpredictable crisis situations. Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Native preference under PL 93-638.
Active DOD Secret Security Clearance,DD214 Honorable Discharge,Driver’s license,High School diploma/GED