Warning, this is a UN job. lol Hey, work is work. I am not the POC or recruiter for this and follow the links below in order to apply. Good luck. -Matt
Vacancy No.: 063/2010
Deadline: 11 September 2010
Post Title: Security Guard/Escort Level GL-4
Organizational Unit: Security Section in Iraq
Location: UNAMI, Baghdad
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Under the overall guidance and supervision of the PREMSEC Officer, the Security Guard /Escort will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide escort service to the UN staff, VIP, visitors and contractors including delivery of the supply from the IZ gates into UNAMI compounds within IZ Baghdad;
• Coordinate and submit the access authorization requests to the ISF OEA following up on the status of the request made;
• Contact and brief the UN staff without IZ badge, visitor, contractor and or supplier on the IZ check point procedures and time of escort;
• Liaise on daily basis with the ISF authorities at IZ check points on the access, search and escort procedures;
• Keep high security awareness and vigilance, report the suspicious activity and actions of individuals both entering the IZ/UNAMI as well as those waiting for escort;
• Provide daily and monthly security assessment of the IZ Check points and level of the security and prepare escort activity monthly report;
• Sign in and out the escorted personnel and or trucks ensuring proper verification, identity, security search and timely departure of the escorted persons and trucks;
• Maintain office records and reference files and archiving of records;
• Drive and maintain the duty vehicle, report any accident or hazardous activity to supervisor;
• Perform Security Guard duties and other responsibilities as directed by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent with supplemental security management or related training. University degree is an asset.
• Experience: A minimum of 4 years of experience in security operations, civilian or military police. Experience within UN system is an asset.
• Language: Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is essential.
• Other Skills: Proficiency in computer software applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Driving license.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
• Professionalism: Ability to operate independently and with minimal supervision High degree of initiative and independence, practices discretion and observes confidentiality.
• Teamwork: Ability to facilitate teamwork in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance. Places the interests of the organization before personal agenda.
• Communication: Effective oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to explain UN security policies and procedures.
• Planning and Organizing: Ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
• Client orientation: Professional and courteous attitude and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a stressful environment. Understands that those provided service are clients and seek to see things from a client perspective.
• Technology Awareness: Good computer skills including proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Interested candidates should complete the attached United Nations Personal History form (P.11) and forward it electronically at the following e-mail address: email@example.com Please indicate the post and vacancy number you are applying for. Incomplete P.11s will not be processed. Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgement within two weeks from the deadline for submission of applications. The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. To ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.
Apply for job here.